Saturday, July 10, 2010

Old wives tales and gender prediction fun

I originally didn’t want to find out what I was having but after months of having no connection with this little one I made the choice that we would attempt to find out. It’s very clear that on my Expect Net gender pool that Team Pink is a fan favorite. I have been having quite a bit of fun taking on some of the old wives tales and gender prediction things that are out there. I have taken a number or online quizzes, asked some of my favorite gender guru friends, took the intelligender home test, and have heard some of the funniest old wives tells out there. On July 30th I go in for my BIG u/s which I intend to keep my eyes closed until they tell me the baby is healthy and everything looks fine, then I will ask “what am I having?”
So have fun with me while I take on these old wives tales…….




Courtesy of http://www.childbirth.org/  taken at 14 wks 5 days
You have a 14% chance of having a boy.
And you have an 85% chance of having a girl.

And Here's Why...
The hair on your legs is not growing any faster during your pregnancy, so it's a girl.
Your feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy. You are having a girl.
You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread. You are having a girl.
Dad-to-be is gaining weight right along with Mom-to-be, which means that you'll have a boy.
The maternal grandmother doesn't have gray hair (dyed or natural), so a girl will be born.
You had morning sickness early in pregnancy, so you are expecting a girl.
You are looking particularly good during pregnancy. Therefore, it must be a boy, because girls steal their mother's looks.
Your chest development has been quite dramatic during pregnancy. You should expect a girl.
Since the sum of the mother's age at conception and the number of the month of conception is an odd number, it will be a girl.
Your urine is a dull yellow color, so you will have a girl.
You are craving sweets, which means that it is a girl.
Your nose hasn't changed during pregnancy, which indicates a girl.
You have been craving fruits, so it is a girl.
Your baby's heart rate is 140 or more beats per minute, so it's a girl.


Intelligender Home Gender prediction test taken at 11 wks – at the 10 min mark read girl, the girl color stayed the same until about the 19 min mark when I shook the test (which is something you’re not supposed to do) then it turned very green for boy.
Learn more about intelligender at  http://www.intelligender.com/home.html


My dear friend Morgan, who has guessed the genders correctly of every friend on Tinker AFB says I’m having a GIRL. She was also the only girl on base that guessed Vayden’s gender before knowing….hmmmm

Courtesy of a friend, who told me to take my age and month of LMP add it together. Odd = Girl
Even = Boy: So to test
26 (my age) + 3 (LMP) = 29 = Odd which would note that it’s a Girl

Mothers Intuition: They say a mothers intuition is about 71% correct with the 1st born, but by the 2nd born it’s clouded. With Vashon I knew he was going to be a boy, but with Vayden I think I wanted a girl so bad, I forced myself to feel like I was having a girl. This pregnancy from the moment I peed on the stick and it was + I felt it was a girl, some things have made me second guess my feelings but overall here are some of the things I’ve personally noticed that have been different with this pregnancy that I didn’t experience with the boys.

My husband, has actually called my pregnancies with VJ1 and VJ2, this time around he actually told me I wasn’t pregnant because he didn’t give me the good stuff. Lol

My first symptom or sign of pregnancy is the HUGE stupid fight that V$ and I get into just a week or two before I find out I’m pregnant. The fights are started by him and I just fan the flame. With Vashon it was because I was watching tv with the light on, and Vayden was because I threw an old hairy bbq hot dog away. We had no fight this time around!!!!!!

• I got the pre menstrual cycle pimple that I usually get every month days before I start my period, so I thought I was going to start my period

I began eating chocolate which is something I have always disliked…yes I’m a woman who doesn’t care for chocolate.

• I’m a very mean and grumpy lady this pregnancy, I was sweet, nice and loving with both the boys

I gained 5 lbs in my 1st trimester; with VJ1 and VJ2 I didn’t gain weight until about week 16

• I have little or no emotions, when I was pregnant with the boys I would cry at or over just about everything. I’m so hard up and cold hearted I wonder could this really be a girl.

My husband is actually nice to me this pregnancy. I actually asked him to get me pregnant and deploy then come back before the baby is due, that’s how mean he was when I was pregnant with Vashon and Vayden.

• I believe my mother placed a hex on me and I’m not allowed off this earth without having a little diva (I mean girl)

This is the first pregnancy out of 3 that I have actually been able to know my LMP and it was natural. Vashon I was on the pill missed a few, 8 wks later found out I was pregnant. Still to this day can’t remember when I had a LMP because I was a sloppy pill taker. With Vayden I stopped taking the pill mid pack and don’t really remember when my LMP was. This baby I was on no form of birth control, we used deployments, family planning, a no showers to avoid pregnancy since the loss of Vayden.Those are my silly reasons why I just may be having a girl.


Now I could be having a boy because


• I think I’m actually very pretty this pregnancy and I in most cases believe that a girl steals your beauty therefore when pregnant with a girl you look like a beast. This is not always true as I’ve seen many women carry girls and be beautiful…so maybe pregnancy just agrees with me or my mirror is broken and I really do look beastly.

I have two boys already……maybe Van just doesn’t make girls

• Some believe that you are given back what you lost, I have equal the amount of angel mommy friends who have lost one gender and got the same with their rainbow baby as those who have lost one and received a different gender with their rainbow. So the odds are 50/50

• Having another boy could possibly save my marriage from future drama that I can only imagine happening, if “I “have a little girl. My hubby is old fashion and sometimes questions my skirts or would prefer I wear shorts under them. Despite living in Oklahoma, I’m a wicked city woman, c’mon ppl I wanted to name my daughter Honeychild!!!!! That screams wigs, nails, and heels at age 3.






Modern Wives tales from random women online:

From Debbie . . . After a week camping with my 76 year old grandmother she told me she knew I was going to have a girl for this reason: when a woman is pregnant with a girl she will be crabby (to put it nicely) because all women are crabs and if you have one inside you are twice. So if you are pregnant with a boy you are happy and smiling because you have a little peter inside you for 9 months (her exact words)!
I guess if you asked Van and a few other people I would be pregnant with a Girl, lol


From Pearl . . . I heard that whoever is more aggressive at the time of conception, the child will be the opposite of that sex . . . might be true, we have two boys!!
Not sure when we conceived, but I surely can say this was true in terms of Vayden


From Beth . . . Here's another one for you... I found this when I was preparing my sister-in-law's shower.
The Mayans determined the sex of the baby by taking the mother's age at conception, and the year of conception. If both are even or both are odd...it's a girl. If one is even and one odd it's a boy. This worked for most everyone in the group. I have tried it several places.
Ok let’s see I was 26 in the year 2010 so those are both even which means Girl


If you’re left boob is bigger than the right one? You’re having a GirlLol, yes actually my left boob is quite bigger than my right, I think it’s always been a lil bigger pre pregnancy but it’s very much bigger than my right.



The Chinese Gender Calendar courtesy of http://www.chinesegendercalendar.info/
Says I’m having a Boy
(This was wrong for Vayden and right/wrong for Vashon because I’m not actually sure of my conception time, that’s using my lunar age and month)

However www.thebump.com says I’m having a Girl. (This was also wrong for Vayden) (Using my lunar age and month)


At my 16 week appt on June 30th the baby’s heart rate 151 was at courtesy of http://www.babybpm.com/  this gender predicting tool says I’m having a BOY

If the old wives tale about craving salts over sweet is accurate, I would say I’m having a girl. Very early in my pregnancy I NEEDED cake or cupcakes, in fact my many post on FB about wanting cupcakes and cake inspired many friends to ask that famous question……”are you pregnant?”

http://www.babygendertool.com/  Deals with the mothers and fathers birth month and year as well as the conception month and year it said Congratulations, it's a girl! (I don’t exactly know why and how it came up with this, but it was wrong for both Vashon and Vayden)

I asked four 4-5 yr old kids what they thought I was having between 14 and 17 weeks. They say kids between these ages are like gender gurus
1. A 5 yr old girl said I was having a Girl
2. A 4 yr old girl said I was having a Boy
3. A 5 yr old boy said I was having a Boy
4. A 4 yr old girl said I was having a Girl

50/50 with the kiddos, I loved the last little girl I asked, she said “you could have boy or a girl, but I think it’s a girl.”

For fun I asked 1 very smart 3 yr toddler
Trinity who is 3 yrs old said I’m having a girl
I did the ring test…….It was a total FAIL, we tried 3 times and Van said his hand wobbles too much.

Here is photo of me and my belly at 17.5 weeks. Am I carrying high or low? Out front or wide middle?


Courtesy of http://www.babygenderprediction.com/   I took this test at 15 weeks pregnant
20% chance of a boy 80% chance of a girl
Congratulations!
The old wives tales indicate that you are having a girl!
Visit Blame The Cake  my post from June 30th to see a tasty fun Old Wives tale


I had so much fun playing with these fun little gender predictions, it was very entertaining and although the unanimous votes lean towards TEAM PINK, no rooms will be painted and no Barbie’s will be bought.

Again my u/s date is July 30th and I ask you all to pray that regardless of the gender the baby is 100% healthy. I will be sharing the gender news if baby allows in a unique way.

3 comments:

  1. That was interesting to read those!! There are so many old wives tales out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so awesome and interesting to read, thanks!!! You are in my prayers for a 100% healthy baby!!! I can not wait to hear from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...After reading one of the bullet points, I just looked down and realized that 'my girls' are the same size - and I am having a boy. Huh...it is true!

    Love the blog! Just discovered it today. Keep it up, Buttercup!

    Hugs,
    Angel Lincoln's Mommy

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?????